Monday, March 31, 2014

My geta are coming tomorrow! I'm so super stoked about their arrival. I can't wait for summer and opportunities to wear the yukata I'll be making (already got the fabric) and the geta I ordered from Sakura kimono market.

I also finally got my michiyuki put away in the new tatoshi I bought, however, Walmart did not have the usual bins I store kimono in so I opted for a different one. Mistake! The bin I got is tatoshi sized around the top and smaller on the inside at the base... wah! I figure if I ever buy any short tatoshi for obi I can stick them in there. 

In other news my garden is slowly growing! Maybe this year I will have cherry blossoms!



I'm so excited! And though it won't bloom here, my favorite kimono motif is taking off too...



Wisteria! Someday I hope to have an awesome wisteria-themed kimono. There was one on Ichiroya, shibori, but I just don't have $300 for one kimono. Besides, I already have enough formal and semi-formal kimono. I need some dang komon that fit lol!

Ninja edit: Somehow today became a kimono day! I'm wearing my Edo komon that is to short so I've got a teeny weeny ohashori under my obi somewhere. Also my geta did end up coming in! Yay for the postal service! A little adjustment and they fit perfectly now.





No comments:

Post a Comment