Tuesday, March 25, 2014

So my big Shinei box finally showed up. I say big... It wasn't that big. but I'd never ordered from Shinei before so there's that.

Everything I ordered smelled super weird. the white obijime smelled kind of like insecticide. obi smelled like... damp and other jime smelled like a chicken coop, chicken poop. Oh well. I let them air out for a full day and night and they are much better now - this dry dessert air does kimono (and accessories) some good. The obiages were fine but... I thought was getting a pastel pink one. This obiage is HOT PINK lol!






I also wanted to share some pictures of how I store my kimono. When I hit the lotto I'll get a nice tansu (or two) but for now it's tatoshi and plastic containers. I don't have enough tatoshi for my michiyuki so they are just sitting in plastic drawers... I gotta get some cedar for those puppies...



My accessory box is starting to get pretty full!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment