Saturday, March 22, 2014




Today my hubby and I went to the JIN festival in Santa Fe. They had a lot of neat stuff there and we got to see classical Japanese dance and hear singing, as well as view drumming and shamisen playing. It was really interesting, I'd never seen anything like it. We even got to be guests at a tea ceremony conducted by the Chado in Santa Fe.

 I wore my aqua iromuji again with the super stiff pink Nagoya. This time I paired it with summer accessories. It was very cool in the morning and I wore one of my new michiyuki outdoors. In the afternoon it got warm, though. I bought one of those musubi helper accessories for fancy knots and a synthetic "shibori" obiage. And a lavender sachet made from recycled kimono material for my obiage box!




I also found a nice present for my sister in law. My hubby suggested that we get one of these little glass windchimes that they had there so we did. I'll hang it in our cherry tree :) I also got a real kimono hanger! So handy.





In the evening I fixed my collars and went for round two, putting away the iromuji and putting on my kurotomesode. I really love how easy my fukuro obi is to tie. It likes me. We were going to go to Pappadeaux but there was a 45 minute wait. FOR SERIOUS?! So we said forget it and went to the Samurai instead. As soon as we walked in the door, heads turned. Before I even sat down the staff came to me and started asking questions about where I got my kimono and how did I learn to dress. I felt special and I guess all of that kitsuke practice finally paid off!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment